11 Amazing Facts About The Cannabis Dispensaries
If you’re like most people, the only thing you know about cannabis dispensaries is that they sell marijuana. But there’s so much more to these businesses than just weed! Here are eleven things you didn’t know about cannabis dispensaries like the Mountain Annies Cannabis.
Things You Didn’t Know About Cannabis Dispensaries
- Over 50% of dispensaries are actually owned by women.
- Most states require cannabis dispensary employees to be 21 or older, but there is no federal minimum age requirement for entry-level jobs at medical marijuana companies.
- Marijuana has been proven to help with depression and anxiety issues in some cases.
- There have never been any documented overdose deaths from weed use alone – ever! Ever ever! The strongest a human being could get on the plant would be very mild hallucinations or perhaps mildly nauseous.
- Cannabis can potentially benefit those with cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic Pain, Glaucoma, and other illnesses/conditions, which has been known as an effective treatment for many years now. In fact, its usage as a medicine dates back to over 2000 years ago.
- A large number of cannabis dispensary owners are actually in the business for altruistic reasons – they believe in the plant’s healing properties and want to help others access it.
- Dispensaries offer more than just dried flowers or edibles. They have vape pens, capsules, topicals, tinctures, and a myriad of other products that can cater to your needs.
- Dispensaries often provide education and resources about marijuana use and its various benefits/side effects. This could be anything from how to consume properly, what strains might work best for your condition, how much you should take if you’re new to cannabis etc.
- In some states (like Oregon), dispensaries are allowed to sell seeds and even clone plants.
- The industry is expected to be worth $50 billion+ by 2026 – and that’s just recreational weed! Cannabis has been used as medicine for thousands of years, so we can only imagine how big the medical side will get in coming decades too.
- Dispensaries offer a variety of payment options, including cash, debit/credit cards, and even bitcoin.
The Bottom Line
So there you have it – eleven things you probably didn’t know about cannabis dispensaries! If you’re curious about this growing industry or are just looking for more information, be sure to check out your local dispensary’s website or give them a call. Chances are they’ll be happy to answer any questions you have. Thank you for reading!